Friday, March 19, 2010

Day Laborer

Currently I am still looking for a job. It's allowed me some time to get our apartment in order, but really I am ready for work. I know, I know - as soon as I have a job a day off will look pretty appealing. Right now there are a couple opportunities on the horizon, but for now I am playing the waiting game, as we STILL are with getting our internet, TV and phone installed!

I recently had the opportunity to help volunteer with a group to paint the inside walls of a children's home/school north of Lisbon. It's a building that houses kids taken out of unsuitable homes, and it has a school and cafeteria in addition to housing all the children. I knew it would be a bit of work, but by the end of the day I was worn out! Painting continuously from 9:30am to 4:30 pm with a 45 minute break for lunch was tough. I don't think I could paint like that as a full-time job, that's for sure. Although it would be a job....... Hopefully there will be more opportunities to help out like this in the future. Here are some pics:



Our much-needed lunch break



Our group posing in the building's church

No comments: