Monday, December 21, 2009

Snowpocalypse '09

The weather lived up to the forecasts. Snowpocalypse '09 was pretty intense. We went out on Friday night with a friend for dinner and by the time we left the restaurant, the snow had started. As we were running for the metro to get home, my snow covered shoes lacked the traction needed and I slid baseball style to the door of the metro car, jumping up in time to make it on before the doors closed.

On Saturday, we stayed inside and watched the snow come down all day. I think I might have seen heavier snow for short periods while skiing, but the snow just kept falling at the same rate all day. On Saturday night, cabin fever had set in and we wanted to get out and see how everything looked. One advantage to living in Chinatown was that there was a movie theater three blocks away that stayed open until 10 p.m. despite the storm. We saw Up in the Air, which was really good.

Sunday was much better. The sun was out and I walked to the grocery store. It hasn't gotten above freezing, so the snow really isn't melting. Since a lot of areas don't have their roads cleared yet, the entire federal government was shut down on Monday. Everyone was excited about the holiday...except me. I have my final language test on Tuesday morning and it's always tough to speak after a weekend, especially a long one. Wish me luck! I may need it.

Enjoy a few of our Snowpocalypse '09 pictures.

Hill and her friend, Elise, as the snow begins

From our balcony




Venturing out at night

















Happy we have underground parking


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!